If you are interested in officiating in the CDO Challenge Cup, please contact the referee coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your information. The assignor is using assignr.com to assign so if you do not have an account, he will contact you and get you set up. The tournament will utilize only one referee for U9/10 games.
- Please report to the field marshal tent at the field location you are working AT LEAST 30 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR FIRST MATCH. For Field Marshal tent locations, see the Fields page. Please notice that there are two (2) Kino South venues and a Kino North venue. If you have games at Kino, make sure you go to the correct venue.
- Check in with the Referee Coordinator or Field Marshal at your venue
- The center referee for the match will request the game sheet from the Field Marshal 10 MINUTES BEFORE GAME TIME
- The Referee crew takes the field, inspects the player's equipment, and calls the team captains. THE HOME TEAM PICKS SIDE. The visiting team gets the kick-off for the first half
During the Match
- The match must start and end on time. No added time for any reason
- Halftime shall be NO MORE THAN 5 MINUTE. Blow your whistle at 4 minutes to get the teams back on the field to start play
- Please be watchful of reckless, dangerous, or overly physical play. Your #1 priority is PLAYER SAFETY!
- THERE IS ZERO TOLERANCE FOR BAD BEHAVIOR FROM ANYONE
- In case of a serious injury, NOTIFY THE FIELD MARSHAL IMMEDIATELY
- Center referee completes and signs the game report. Have both coaches or a team representative sign the game report verifying the score. You must provide the FINAL SCORE, the Tim Parfrey Award Sportsmanship Points, record any cautions or send-offs, and report any suspected head injuries/concussions to the field marshal
- For send-offs, an ASA Sendoff report (available at the field marshal tent) must be filled out and submitted to the field marshal
- For concussions or suspected head injury, ensure the player card is pulled by the field marshal prior to returning the player cards to the team and follow the ASA concussion protocol and complete the paperwork
- Return the completed and signed game report to the Field Marshal. The field marshal will hand the pay envelope to the center referee
- Verify the pay amount, sign the envelope, and return it to the field marshal
- It is the responsibility of the center referee to distribute the pay to his or her crew
Laws of the Game
- Follow USSF procedures for substitutions and player equipment requirements except as modified by the CDO Challenge Cup Tournament Rules.
- Timekeeping - The referee crew shall be ready to officiate the match (referees ready and in position) and start the clock at the scheduled start time. If the teams are not ready to start, the center referee shall note the actual start time and reduce the second half as to have two equal length halves
- There will be water available to the referees at the field marshal tents
- IF YOU ARE NOT FEELING WELL OR BECOME INJURED, REPORT YOUR CONDITION IMMEDIATELY TO THE REFEREE COORDINATOR ON SITE or the FIELD MARSHAL. Your well being is paramount to us
You will receive your game assignments through assignr.com. Please accept them or decline them as soon as possible. There are lots of referees who want to work this tournament.
You can find the tournament rules of competition in the Tournament Rules page.