Thank you for participating in the
1st annual CDO Challenge Cup
We received a lot of positive feedback for the event as well as some useful insight on how to improve the tournament for next year. We also want to thank you all for taking to heart the Tim Parfrey Fair Play challenge.
First, here are the winners of the Tim Parfrey Fair Play Award are:
- U11 Girls El Paso Sol, Chelsea from Texas (U9-U11 teams)
- U13 Girls Elite, Zingers from New Mexico (U12-U14 teams)
- U15 Boys Freedom SC Puma?s from Tucson AZ (U15-U18 teams)
Below are some changes for next year?s Challenge Cup:
- Add a 4th U9-U11 Field
- Provide Participation Medals/Pins for all U9-U11 players
- Add a Centralized Area with vendors and activities to recreate the festival atmosphere for the U9-U11 matches
- Improve the Bathroom arrangements for the U9-U11 area
Additional Field Space Added to North Complex
- The North Complex will have an additional field for 6 fields in all, including a 2nd Lighted Field.
Winners of Gold Divisions Will Win a Cup:
- Next year we will have on hand a trophy cup for the winners of the U12 and above Gold Flight. The Cup will be in addition to the normal medals will have the name of the winner as well as previous winners engraved on the cup. A cup for each of the winners in the Gold Division is being procured and we hope that all champions will choose to come back next year to defend their cup.
Once again, we appreciate all those teams who chose to participate in this first ever CDO Challenge Cup. We look forward to seeing you all in years to come.
Tournament Director, CDO Soccer Club
President, CDO Soccer Club